What are the odds they’ll lose my luggage?
It’s only a two…three… hour delay.
We’re just going to circle for ten minutes.
We’ve all been there and heard that before. We’ve stood around bag claim watching that same blue duffel make its rounds on the conveyor belt. Yours has to be the next one. An hour later- no such luck. So much of traveling is never in our control. The one thing that always is? Your carry on. Take an extra 15 minutes and put some effort into it. You will not regret it. To help out, we’ve compiled the ultimate list of items you should always have in that carry on bag.
- Complete change of clothes. Complete. As in: top, bottom, socks and undergarments.
- Chargers. We’re talking phones, iPads, tablets, kindles, computers, shavers. Let’s be honest- your phone dying just might be worse than losing your luggage.
- Headphones. The baby crying behind you. The grandparents in front of you bragging about their grandson: he’s a doctor, you know. You need to plug in and block it out.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste. Enough said.
- Face wipes. Whether it’s a long or short flight, nothing feels more refreshing than being able to clean up a little bit.
- Big comfy scarf. Airplanes are always freezing. Always. Wrap up and settle in. Plus, it works as in instant outfit update.
- Meds. Not worth the risk of losing them in your luggage. Get them all, too. Sleeping aids, cough relievers, daily vitamins.
- Eye necessities. You have 20/20 vision? Great. But for the rest of us, we need our eye drops, glasses and an extra pair of contacts. Nothing worse than waking up from a nap in the sky and blinking out a contact without a spare.
- Gum. Your ears will thank you.
- Wild card reward. This looks different for everyone. For my best friend, it’s a piece of chocolate. For me, it’s my lucky heart shaped crystal. Throw in something small that makes you smile. Maybe it will help you through some rough turbulence. Maybe it will help you stay calm before meeting his family. No matter the case, you deserve a little treat.
Now that you have everything you need to go in the bag, do you have a quality carry on? We’ll help you out with that, too.